Seesaw is not a program that is subject specific or grade level specific. It is a program that allows students to express their learning using creative tools like voice-record, drawing, labeling, etc. Their work is saved into a digital portfolio, and parents are able to view and comment on their students’ work.
**If you do not see your class listed, please let us know.**
PK-6th grade teachers: When your sections sync over from IC>Clever>Seesaw, all of your sections will show up in your list of Seesaw classes for both you and your students. You will want to eliminate the extra sections and just work out of specific ones.
To do this, you will need to Archive your extra sections that you don’t need.
PK-3rd, it is recommended that you work out of your homeroom section and archive all of the subject area sections.
4th-6th, it is recommended that you work out of your subject are sections and archive your homeroom sections.
For those of you who created your own classes, you will need to archive them at the end of each year.
Here’s how to archive a class in Seesaw:
- Tap your Profile Icon and tap the Class you want to archive.
- Tap the wrench in the top right corner and then tap Class Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of screen and tap Archive Class. Tap again to confirm.
For those of you who DO NOT have a rostered list of students in Infinite Campus, you will not see your students automatically listed in Seesaw.
If you would like to use Seesaw with your students, here are the steps below to get setup:
- Login to Clever and scroll down to Elementary Apps to find the Seesaw icon.
- When you first login to Seesaw, you may get a message saying “You don’t have any active classes associated with your account”. You will need to select the “Create New Class” button.
- Give your class a name, select grade levels, etc.(I recommend creating a different class for each of the schools that you serve.)
- Once your class is started, you will need to follow these instructions to add your students to your class.
- Click the Wrench icon in the top right corner to get to your Class Settings > scroll down to select 'Manage Students'. Tap 'Add Students' to view your School Directory and add students to your class by searching their name, email, or student ID. Tap 'Add to Class' when you find a student who belongs in your class, then tap 'Add Students to Class' at the bottom right to finalize your updated class list.
Here are some links to help you learn more:
- How do I use Activities?
- How do students add posts to Seesaw?
- How do I invite parents and families?
- What can families see?
- How does messaging work?
Getting Started links in the Help Center